Monday, February 23, 2009

Planet of Exile by Ursula K. Le Guin


From the back cover:
The Earth colony had been stranded on distant Eltanin for six hundred years. And its lonely, strained numbers were beginning to dwindle, their only neighbors fearful nomads who burrowed in beside them during the cruel, fifteen-year long winter...
Fortunately for all. Because this winter they would be descended upon by hordes of barbarians and the eerie, deadly snowghouls.
And native and exile would have to join forces-or be annihilated.

Sometimes you start reading a novel and think you are going to like it. Sometimes you are wrong. Based on the fact that I have liked one collection and two novels by Ursula K. Le Guin, I expected to like this one. For some reason this story never connected with me. After reading a few chapters, I did not care if I read the rest of the book. Other reviews I have found were positive for Planet of Exile. The story of Rolery did not keep my interest.

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments: