Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Suggested Reading List A

Adams, Douglas



The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

This is one book that I always thought about but have never read. It appears to combine the Monty Python style humor with a science fiction story. It is on my massive list of books to buy.



Aldiss, Brian

Helliconia 1: Helliconia Spring
Helliconia 2: Helliconia Summer
Helliconia 3: Helliconia Winter
Starship(Non-Stop)
The Long Afternoon of Earth(Hothouse)
Cryptozoic!
Report on Probability A


Brian Aldiss could have many more books on this list. He is one of the legendary authors in the field. I have read mostly his short fiction but I am working on picking up his novels. Of the ones I have read, Starship(Non-Stop) is my favorite. It is a classic generation ship story. One of the best of it's kind. The one I have not read but am very curious about is Report on Probability A.

Next time, the list continues with Poul Anderson



2 comments:

adamosf said...

I enjoy Brian W. Aldiss a lot too. My favorite of his books are the Helliconia books, Greybeard, and The Long Afternoon of Earth. Good choice.

Carl V. Anderson said...

I have read some Aldiss short stories as well but never any novels. I have to admit that because my reading of his short stories were in more recent books I had no idea until the other day that he had been around as a writer for so long.