Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Sci Fi Experience 2011

It's that time of the year again.  Time for the annual Sci Fi Experience hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings.  I have enjoyed the two month focus on science fiction that all of the participating blogs present.  This is my favorite challenge of the year.

The following list shows my target list for this year.

Novels
"Quartet & Triptych" by Matthew Hughes
"Rogue Moon" by Algis Budrys
"Revelation Space" by Alastair Reynolds
"The Winds of Gath" by E. C. Tubb
"The Windup Girl" by Paolo Bacigalupi
"The Caryatids" by Bruce Sterling
"Enterprise-Stardust" by K. H. Scheer
"The Naked Sun" by Isaac Asimov
"Captives of the Flame" by Samuel R. Delany
"And Strange at Ectaban the Trees" by Michael Bishop
"A Short, Sharp Shock" by Kim Stanley Robinson
"Heads" by Greg Bear

Graphic Novels
Y:  The Last Man Vol. 1:  Unmanned

Television
Doctor Who:  A Christmas Carol

January also sees the return of Short Story Sundays.

Will I finish the whole list by the end of February?  Only time will tell... 

List of reviews for this challenge...
1.  Short Story Sunday Jan.9 , 2011
2.  Wonderworks by Michael Whelan
3.  DAW Books = sf or How I Corresponded with Donald A. Wollheim 
4.  Short Story Sunday Jan. 16, 2011 
5.  Do You Know? 
6.  Short Story Sunday Jan. 23, 2011 
7.  Short Story Sunday Jan. 30, 2011
8.  A Short, Sharp Shock by Kim Stanley Robinson
9.  Short Story Sunday Feb. 13, 2011 
10.  The Art of Science Fiction:  Frank Kelly Freas 
11.  Farscape Season 1:  Episode 1:  Pilot

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

It is so great to have you in on the experience this year, Jim. Nice list of stuff you want to get to. I have Revelation Space on the shelf, as well as Galactic North, a short story collection by Reynolds. I really enjoyed his novel, Chasm City.

The Naked Sun is a book of Asimov's I haven't read, but want to.

I'm interested in The Windup Girl too but am leaning towards reading his latest YA novel, Ship Breaker, first.

Not sure if you saw my recent review for Greg Bear's book, Hull Zero Three? It was my first experience with Bear and it was such a good book.