Friday, November 23, 2012

Getting Up to Date & Looking to 2013

Once we got to Thanksgiving, it started to sink in that I have been reading many things but have not kept up with blogging about them.  During the past week I have been posting many short reviews of graphic novels that I have read.



I am keeping the reviews shorter in an attempt to get caught up.  Coming up during the next week will be the following graphic novels:


Trio by John Byrne


Harbinger Vol. 1


Uncanny X-Force Vol. 1

In addition to those you will start seeing reviews of the following books that I finished:


The Hand of Oberon by Roger Zelazny


The Courts of Chaos by Roger Zelazny


Blue Remembered Earth by Alastair Reynolds


Perry Rhodan #2:  The Third Power by Clark Darlton

I will also have reviews of a few short stories I have read.  One of my goals going forward will be to keep up to date with my reviews.

One of my goals for 2013 is to review a book a week.  Recently I have returned to setting aside time each day for reading.  It is fun to "return to my roots" by doing this.  I did not realize how my reading time has shrunk.  For the last month I have kept to my new schedule and it is a better way to end the day with designated reading time.  

With the end of the year coming up, I am also starting to put together my stack of books for the Vintage Science Fiction Month and the Science Fiction Reading Experience.  They were some of my favorite non-challenges of 2012.

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

You've been doing a lot of comic book reading! Wow! Glad to see you posting some stuff again. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!